Tuesday, March 27, 2012

     In the book Just Listen by Sarah Dessen the main character, Annabel. Annabel seems to be dealing with an external and internal conflict. Her best friend just stopped talking to her after about 6 years. And her sister had an extreme eating disorder. On the inside Annabel is dealing with what happened the night her and her best friend, Sophie, stopped being friends. Annabel has so much going on in her life she can't even admit that she was raped.
    "But Whitney didn't eat. Not that night, which she slept straight through, not stirring each time my mother came in with a tray." When Annabel says this I can imagine her being worried. I would be worried if someone I knew wasn't eating. I mean who wouldn't? Annabel must feel trapped. Like her family would be disappointed in her if she told them if she was raped. So she has to hold back her emotions. So that she doesn't make her family more broken then it already is.
     Annabel has so much going on that she can't come clean about what happened the night when she stopped being friends with Sophie, that she was raped. I can't relate to this at all. None of this has ever happened to me or a friend. Which is a good thing. But there is people who one of these things has happened to them. I don't know how they would react but it is a big deal. And people should not keep that big a secret from family.

No comments:

Post a Comment